Held for the past 28 years, our signature 5K fundraising walk calls on thousands of Metro Detroit residents to lace up their shoes and walk with us to provide financial support for programs in HIV prevention, education, and services for HIV positive individuals. AIDS Walk Detroit promotes public awareness through events and activities to ensure people living with HIV/AIDS are treated with dignity and respect.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are a registered participant, it’s never too early start fundraising in support of the Walk! Donors can contribute online through October 31, 2018.
- Supporter checks should be made payable to ‘AIDS Walk Detroit’.
- Checks should be accompanied by a donation form with the participant name on it. To guarantee proper attribution, the walker/runner name should be noted on the check’s memo line.
- Checks should be sent to AIDS Walk Detroit, P.O. Box 1618, Royal Oak, MI 48068. Please do not send cash by mail. All donations are tax-deductible.
- If you have cash you would like to turn in, please contact our staff at 248-399-WALK (9255) to arrange a time to drop off the donations. Cash donations are also accepted on-site the morning of the walk at our registration area.